What is Included in Our Adoption Package
- 24PetWatch microchip
- At least one round of basic vaccinations
- Complimentary veterinary exam (valid at most local veterinary clinics)
- 30 day trial of pet insurance
Steps to Adopting a Pet
- Come to Almost Home and visit with our adoptable pets. We recommend bringing your whole family to meet any pet you’re potentially considering adopting. Our adoption staff and volunteers can assist you in finding the perfect fur-ever friend.
- If you find a pet that you think might be “the one” it is time to fill out an adoption application. Your application will help adoption staff ensure that the match we are making seems bound for success.
If you need time to bring back a pet or family member for a meet and greet, we can hold an animal for $10 until the end of the business day. This is a non-refundable fee that will apply to your adoption fee if you do decide to adopt. If you do not return within the same day the hold fee will be a donation to Almost Home. We always encourage families to bring any existing dogs in your home (or dogs that will frequently interact with your new dog) for a meet and greet, but it is not a requirement for all dog adoptions. However, there may be a few dogs that require a meet and greet with family dogs prior to adoption.
Pets may be adopted and go home with you the same day that you complete the application if they are already spayed or neutered. If they are not yet spayed or neutered, the pet cannot be adopted or put on hold.
Things to Consider Before Adopting:
Be sure that you are financially able to provide your pet’s needs. This includes food, supplies, grooming, and regular veterinary care.
Are you ready to make a life-time commitment? Our goal is to find each of our pets a forever home, so it is important that you are able to commit to a new pet for its entire lifetime. Not ready to make a lifetime commitment? Consider foster care which is a great opportunity to help many pets without the long-term commitment of adoption.
Be aware of any pet restrictions if you rent your home.
You must be at least 18 years of age to adopt.
Understand that this is an adoption, not a sale. AHHS reserves the right to postpone or refuse any adoption if we feel it is in the best interest of the animal.