Adopt a Dog
Please Note: We do not accept online adoption applications. If you see an animal you are interested in, please come to the shelter to visit with the animal and fill out an application.
Basic Supplies for Your New Dog
Congratulations on adopting a dog from the Almost Home Humane Society!
The following is a list of essential items you should have in order to prepare to care for your new pet:
- Food and water bowls
- Food (we feed our shelter dogs Purina Dog Chow)
- Four to six- foot leash
- ID tag with your address and phone number
- Hard plastic carrier or foldable metal crate
- Dog bed
- Dog shampoo
- Brush or comb (depends on your pet’s coat length and type)
- Plastic waste bags or pooper scooper
- Variety of toys (a ball, rope, chew toy, and puzzle toy are good starts)
- Variety of treats (such as small cookies, larger rawhides, etc.)
- Flea preventative
- First aid supplies
Remember to visit our retail area to purchase any supplies you may need! Our staff is happy to assist you with any questions you may have in order to make the transition period a positive experience for you and your pet. Thank you for adopting from Almost Home Humane Society!
The above handbook will cover topics ranging from how to transition your pet to their new home and also covers our most frequently asked questions.