Adopt a Dog
PLEASE NOTE: WE DO NOT ACCEPT ONLINE APPLICATIONS.
*All animals must be met in person prior to adoption approval*
General Dog Adoption Application
*Applications must be submitted in person and it may only apply to available animals at the time of visit*
*Subject to change on discretion of AHHS*
|Puppies under 6 months old||$175 - $300|
|Dogs 7 months old to 6 years old||$150 - $200|
|Dogs 7 years old or older||$100|
Basic Supplies for Your New Dog
Congratulations on adopting a dog from the Almost Home Humane Society!
The following is a list of essential items you should have in order to prepare to care for your new pet:
- Food and water bowls
- Food (we feed our shelter dogs Authority Adult Dog Chow)
- Four to six- foot leash
- ID tag with your address and phone number
- Hard plastic carrier or foldable metal crate
- Dog bed
- Dog shampoo
- Brush or comb (depends on your pet’s coat length and type)
- Plastic waste bags or pooper scooper
- Variety of toys (a ball, rope, chew toy, and puzzle toy are good starts)
- Variety of treats (such as small cookies, no-hide chews, etc.)
- Flea preventative
- First aid supplies
Remember to visit our retail area to purchase any supplies you may need! Our staff is happy to assist you with any questions you may have in order to make the transition period a positive experience for you and your pet. Thank you for adopting from Almost Home Humane Society!
Our Dog Handbook
The above handbook will cover topics ranging from how to transition your pet to their new home and also covers our most frequently asked questions.