Adopt a Cat
PLEASE NOTE: WE DO NOT ACCEPT ONLINE APPLICATIONS.
*All animals must be met in person prior to adoption approval*
*Applications must be submitted in person and it may only apply to available animals at the time of visit*
|Kittens 5 months old and under||$150|
|Kittens from 6 months up to 1 year old||$100|
|Adult cats from 2 years old up to 7 years old||$75|
|Adult cats over 7 years||$25|
|Working cats *||No fee|
Basic Supplies for Your New Cat
Congratulations on adopting a cat from the Almost Home Humane Society!
The following is a list of essential items you should have in order to prepare to care for your new pet:
- Food and water bowls
- Food (we feed our shelter cats Authority Adult Cat Chow) - Kittens eat Purina Kitten Chow
- Breakaway collar
- ID tag with your address and phone number
- Travel bag or cat carrier
- Cat bed
- Cat shampoo
- Brush or comb (depends on your pet’s coat length and type)
- Litter box
- Litter (we use non-clumping and non-scented, but you are welcome to try others)
- Litter Scoop
- Variety of toys (a ball, stuffed mouse, or teaser toy are always a good start)
- Variety of treats (such as soft, crunchy, meaty, etc.)
- Flea preventative
- First-aid supplies
Remember to visit our retail area to purchase any supplies you may need! Our staff is happy to assist you with any questions you may have in order to make the transition period a positive experience for you and your pet. Thank you for adopting from Almost Home Humane Society!
The above handbook will cover topics ranging from how to transition your pet to their new home and also covers our most frequently asked questions.
* Almost Home working cats are feral cats that are not able to be returned to a local community cat colony. These cats are available to homes willing to provide shelter (barn, warehouse, outbuilding) and food. All AHHS working cats are available free of charge and are already spayed or neutered, ear tipped and vaccinated.