Ready to Adopt:
- The first step to adopting is to come in to Almost Home and look through our adoptable pets.
- If you find a pet that might be a match for you, come to the front and fill out a visitor questionnaire. Our questionnaire helps us assist you in finding a pet that is well-suited for your wants and lifestyle.
- An AHHS staff person will assist you with visiting with the pets that you are considering for adoption after your questionnaire is approved.
- If you decide to adopt you will fill out the last portion of our adoption application.
*It is possible to put animals on hold for up to 3 days for a $10 cash deposit.
*Bully Breeds are subject to special adoption requirements.
Before You Adopt, We Need You To...
- Be sure that you are financially able to provide for the pet's needs. This includes food, supplies, licensing, and veterinary care.
- Be certain you have adequate time to spend with your new pet, including time for training, exercise, and grooming.
- Have your landlord's permission to bring an animal onto his/her property.
- Have the consent of all adults in your household.
- Be at least 18 years of age and have verifiable identification.
- Complete an adoption application and discuss it with an adoption counselor.
- Understand that a fenced yard or pen will be necessary for the protection of dogs spending time outdoors unsupervised. Dogs are social animals and need human companionship. Outdoor time should only be used for exercise and bathroom breaks, either on leash or in a fenced-in yard.
- Understand that this is an adoption, not a sale. AHHS reserves the right to postpone or refuse an adoption. We have several policies regarding adoption, which our staff are trained to explain. Some of our policies are quite strict for the sake of the animals. If it is determined to be in the best interest of the animal, we reserve the right to refuse any adoption.