Thank you for your interest in adopting a shelter pet! The Almost Home Humane Society staff and volunteers are here to help you find the perfect match.
What is Included in Our Adoption Package:
- Microchip from 24PetWatch
- 30 Days of Free Pet Insurance
- At least one round of basic vaccinations (excluding rabies)
- Complimentary veterinary exam (valid at most local veterinary clinics)
Steps to Adopting a Pet:
- Come to Almost Home and visit with our adoptable pets. Our adoption staff and volunteers will assist you in finding the perfect fur-ever friend.
- If you find a pet that you think might be “the one” it is time to fill out an adoption questionnaire. Your questionnaire will help adoption staff match you with a pet that is well-suited to your lifestyle and your wants in a new pet.
- If you need time to bring back a pet or family member for a meet and greet, we can hold a pet for $10 until the end of the business day. This is a non-refundable fee that will apply to your adoption fee if you do decide to adopt. If you do not return within the same day the hold fee will be a donation to Almost Home.
- If you’re ready to adopt, pets may be adopted the same day that you fill out the application. If the pet is already spayed or neutered it may leave with you the same day and if it is not, an appointment will be made at a local veterinarian and you will get to pick up your new friend after surgery.
Things to Consider Before Adopting:
- Be sure that you are financially able to provide your pet’s needs. This includes food, supplies, grooming, licensing, and regular veterinary care.
- Are you ready to make a life-time commitment? Our goal is to find each of our pets a forever home so it is important to consider if you are able to commit to a new pet for its entire lifetime. Not ready to make a lifetime commitment? Consider foster care which is a great opportunity to help many pets without the long-term commitment of adoption.
- Be aware of any pet restrictions if you rent your home.
- You must be at least 18 years of age to adopt.
- Understand that this is an adoption, not a sale. AHHS reserves the right to postpone or refuse any adoption if we feel it is in the best interest of the animal.